- Nuclear Energy Group (NEG) is being setup by ASSOCHAM as an Expert Committee for the industry to promote Technology, Trade and Commerce of Civil Nuclear Energy in India.
- NEG endeavors to address the Security, Regulatory, Safety, Legal and Commercial issues in the Civil Nuclear Energy sector and to address the concerns of the various Stakeholders.
- NEG will organize brainstorming Sessions and Global Conferences for the Industry and come out with “Recommendations” for the Growth and Development of the Civil Nuclear Energy Industry in India from time to time.
- NEG will facilitate/conduct Meetings with concerned Ministers and Senior Govt. Officials in Govt. Departments and other related Authorities.
- NEG will engage Experts/Consultants for commissioning “Reports” and “Background Papers” on Civil Nuclear Energy Industry.
- NEG will engage in discussions and dialogs with it’s counterparts and other Trade Associations in other countries for promoting and developing Civil Nuclear Energy Trade in India.
- NEG will ensure the support of the Industry by mobilizing and enrolling new corporate Members with interest in this sector.