Everything else can wait but not agriculture………
(Hon’ble Late Prime Minister of India Shri. Jahawar Lal Nehru)
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), India's premier apex chamber covers a membership of over 350 hundred thousands companies and professionals across the globe and serving the nations since 1920.
As an apex industry body, ASSOCHAM represents the interests of industry and trade in various forum, serves as interfaces with Government on policy issues and interacts with counterpart international organizations as well as other Governments to promote bilateral economic relations.
Being a proactive and responsible chamber, ASSOCHAM gives suggestions to the Government for revitalization of agricultural sector, improvement in production and productivity, stepping up growth rates, enhancement of Farmer’s income, etc. ASSOCHAM’s New Delhi Declaration 2006 acknowledges the importance of innovation to agricultural development and affirms its commitment to advancing further the contributions of knowledge based industry to India’s growth.
Some of the major agricultural research projects completed by ASSOCHAM in recent past are
- Agro-processing and Value addition in India; tracks the immense opportunities in Agri Processed and value added products 2009
- Approach to Food Safety and Quality: Refining Niche in International Food Market 2009
- Food & Agri Exports in India: “Defining the New Paradigm” 2009
- Way to Organic Farming 2009
- Perspectives of Food Processing
- ASSOCHAM published a series of research studies targeting Food grain Sectors (Wheat, Rice, Pulses and Maize) and Edible Oil Sector in 2008
- Green revolution – II: A Road Map 2007,
- Agricultural Scenario 2007
- Study on Agri Export Zones- 2007
- BT Cotton Farming in India 2007
Some of the major International and National Exhibitions & Summits organized by ASSOCHAM in the recent past
- International Summit cum Exhibition on Food Processing & Agribusiness – emerging opportunities and strategic thrust areas for Industry (2009),
- Food and Agri Exporters conclave (2009),
- 6th Global Knowledge Millennium Summit on Biotech and Nanotech for sustainable agriculture (2009),
- Food processing – Farmers Linkages (2008)
- Linking Farmers to Superstore (2007).
- Green Revolution II ( 2007)
- AgriBiotechnology (2006)