Coal remaining the main source of commercial energy for foreseeable future, present focus of the Government lies in increasing the domestic production of coal by overhauling the sector
to streamline approvals and development processes.
This includes efforts to expedite Environment & Forests clearances, pursuing with State
Governments for land acquisition and co-ordination with Railways for transportation of coal. However, not all the allotted blocks are operational presently due to varied reasons.
Further, the Ministry of coal is planning to present the policy framework for commercial mining by
In order to discuss the above and related issues affecting the coal sector, ASSOCHAM is organizing a Conference on “Coal in India” on 20th April 2017 at Hotel Le- Meridien in New Delhi.
The objective of the conference is to provide a common platform to various stakeholders in the coal sector for an effective deliberation to evolve
implementable solutions to the challenges confronting enhanced coal production, procurement and its
effective use needed for the growing demand of the economy.
- Overview of coal mining in India
- Role of Coal in India's Energy Security
- Policy and regulatory environment
- Commercial Mining: Prospects & Issues
- Expediting of coal block auction
- Auctioning price of coal
- Measures to Improve Coal Quality and Third Party Sampling
- Recent Trends in Coal Beneficiation Technologies for Coking & Thermal Coals
- Clean Coal Technologies
- Refund to Prior Allottess of deallocated Coal Blocks
- Infrastructure support for evacuation of coal