AGRI & FOOD PROCESSOR’S CONCLAVE:
Finance - Technology - Market
30 January, 2017
Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (RVSKVV), Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
The Food Processing sector in India is one of the largest in terms of production, consumption, export and growth prospects. Apart from providing vital linkages between industry and agriculture it creates synergy between the two and has potential for providing jobs in far flung areas of India. Moreover it is well known fact that a significance proportion of the agriculture produce get wasted during transition from place of production to consumption as well as during storage. Realizing significance of Food processing sector, Ministry of Food processing Industries, Government of India has accorded priority to its development with a number of schemes for Infrastructure development, fiscal relief and incentives. Through all these measure, efforts are to encourage commercialization and value addition to agriculture produce, minimize post harvest wastage, generate employment and boost exports of processed food.
It is evident in fast changing macro-economic environment as well as markets, staying up dated on technology front provides an edge in the competitive market. Therefore, food processing sector in India requires technology up-gradation to tap global markets as well as strengthening its position in domestic market. However this sector is dominated by large number of SMEs who requires finance to meet their modernization demands. On the other hand there are technology providers, innovators and financial institutions that are looking for buyers of their technologies and financial services. Creating a platform where Food SMEs, technology providers, banks, government officials etc. interacts for providing boost to the growth of food processing sector will be apt for growth.
To address this subject matter of national importance, ASSOCHAM proposes to hold an event on “AGRI & FOOD PROCESSOR’S CONCLAVE: Finance, Technology, & Market”on January 30, 2017 at Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (RVSKVV), Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. The Conclave will see participation of stakeholders from Food Processing Value Chain namely bankers, technology providers, farmers producers organizations, self-help groups, retails companies, etc. The Conclave will also take a look at technology trends, finance and lending, inter-alignment of food trade, faster automated processing & packaging, training programs and education towards skilled resources, future prospects and insights on stated and implied requirements and needs of linking all these activities with market.
The conclave will focus on the food processing sector in India with a view to increase business opportunities and investments by meeting the following objectives:
- To understand the trend in requirements for technology transfer, finance and lending in food processing sector.
- To strengthen the food marketing linkages in value chain especially food growers, processors, wholesalers, retailers, and foodservice establishments.
- To provide enabling platform for networking to strengthen Food retail & increasingly linking farmers to market.
- To abreast the business world in general and delegates in particular about emerging opportunities for investment in food processing sector in India.
- Share and learn best practices in storage and distribution of food products to create an efficient value chain.
- To discuss the prospect of Food Processing and opportunities available in the food processing sector.
- To create networking among NGOs, Corporate sectors, FPOs, SHG (Self Help Groups), ITI and other training institutions to cater the need of skill requirement food processing Industry. To integrate different sectors of Food Processing in such a way to fill the gap between skill available and skill needed.
To consult regarding relevant stakeholders for training at each level (from Field to Customer) of individual to enhance the quality of food and food Conservation.
For more details please contact:
Dr. Ombeer S Tyagi Tel- 011-46550584 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Shikha Dutta Tel- 011 46550569 Mobile: 09560514856 Email: email@example.com
Mr. Nitesh Sinha Tel: 011-46550566 Mobile: 09968388144 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
ASSOCHAM Corporate Office, 5, Sardar Patel Marg
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110021
Phone: 46550555 (Hunting Line)