National Conference on
30 January, 2013 Le Meridien, New Delhi
The ASSOCHAM has received several issues on new service tax regime from trade and industry which need clarification or reconsideration by the Government to remove implementation difficulties. In order to bring greater awareness about the new tax system and to provide clarifications across the table, ASSOCHAM is organizing a National Conference on Service Tax on 30th January 2013 (it was earlier scheduled for 29 January 2013) at Le Meridien, New Delhi. The issues which need further clarification or reconsideration would be taken up with the Government.
The Conference Aims At:
- To provide real time clarity to the participants from senior tax administrators on the provisions of new service tax regime;
- Direct feedback to the Government on issues raised at the conference by participants from various industry segments and professionals and seek resolution;
- To focus on the issues related to various industries/service providers for the consideration of the Government for the forthcoming budget for the year 2013-14 in the field of Indirect Taxes particularly Service Tax and CENVAT Credit.
- Sharing of knowledge and experience on new service tax regime among participants and experts
Issues To Be Discussed
ASSOCHAM has always been a frontrunner in disseminating vital information and taking the cause of the member of trade and industry to the government, especially in the case of taxation related matters. This national conference will cover the following topics among others:
- Problem arises due to restoration of service specific accounting code and amendment in registration for each service on the basis of law which has already been repealed
- Recovery during pendency of stay application
- No Interest on Pre-deposit during the pendency of litigation
- Scope of services covered under negative list, Mega exemption notification and declared services
- Complexity in implementation of service tax in respect of works contracts, infrastructure and real estate sector under different business models
- Disputes regarding valuation under service tax
- CENVAT credit restrictions in several cases including reverse charge & new capital investment
- Ambiguity in Place of Provision of Service Rules, Exports of services and Point of Taxation Rules
- VAT: Multiplicity of tax namely VAT & Service Tax
We have invited Smt Lipika Majumder Roy Choudhary, Member (Service Tax), CBEC to Inaugurate the Conference & Shri S.Dutt Majumder, Ombudsman, Central Excise & Service Tax, Delhi to address the participants in the Inaugural Session of the conference. The conference will also be addressed by the following experts from the Tax profession.
- Shri J K Mittal, Co-Chairman, ASSOCHAM National Council of Indirect Tax
- Shri Bipin Sapra, Partner, Ernst & Young Pvt. Ltd
- Shri Prashant Deshpande, Sr. Director, Deloitte
- Shri Abhishek Jain, Partner, BMR Advisors
- Shri Siddharth Mehta, Director, KPMG
Who Should Attend
CEOs, CFOs, Finance / Accounts / Legal Executives, Senior Auditors and Financial Professionals / Consultants, Service providers and manufacturing availing CENVAT credit, Exporters of services, Users of services provided in India or abroad, Middle & Senior Level executives dealing in Indirect Taxes in the corporate world as well as the practicing CA, CS, CWA and other related professionals.
30th January, 2013
09.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
19, Ashoka Road, New Delhi
The conference has immense value for the participants however the fees is kept at Rs. 4000/- (per participant, including Service Tax) to meet the cost. Registration form attached (10% discount for two persons and 20% discount for three or more persons from the same organization). The fee is inclusive of refreshment & lunch.
Rs. 4000/- per participant, including Service Tax (10% discount for two persons and 20% discount for three or more persons from the same organization)
The fee is inclusive of refreshment & lunch.
For more details
Avinash Sharma (09811524976) email@example.com
Ankit Raghav (09999068767) firstname.lastname@example.org
Akshat Agarwal (09873847923) email@example.com
Ankush Varshney (08800327926) firstname.lastname@example.org
Krishan Sharma (08512072265) email@example.com
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
ASSOCHAM Corporate Office, 5, Sardar Patel Marg
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021
Phone: 46550555 (Hunting Line)