As India develops and the industrial sector grows, assured supply of mineral resources will play a critically important role in giving a competitive edge to Indian industry. Being aware of the vast potential of the sector, the Government has been consistently and in a pragmatic manner opening up the previously controlled regime to usher private investment in the sector and infuse funds, technology and managerial expertise. Sustainability being the key parameter in exploration of natural resources, mining operation needs to be modernized and streamlined, keeping in mind environmental impact, and other related issues. Technology has a major role in keeping the environment factor in check and to ensure optimal mining plans. At the same time a special thrust needs to be given to mineral beneficiation and economic efficiency of evacuation of minerals from pit mouth to user point or port or rail head. In fact, mining infrastructure is closely linked to the end use value of the mineral and of the viability of the industry using the mineral.
In view of the implication of the above and related issues on the national economy, ASSOCHAM is organizing the National Conference on “Mining in India – the way forward”. It is a part of an ongoing effort by ASSOCHAM to catalyze the development of mines and metallurgy sector in the country.
- Gain the latest insight on the policy initiatives in mineral exploration and development.
- Share the views of industry experts regarding Mines & Mineral Industry.
- Participate in the question and answer session.
- Get updates on development plans and technology infusion.
- Seize meaningful networking opportunities with industry leaders and policy makers.