The Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India
"The Knowledge Chamber: Serving the Nation since 1920"

National Conference
REAL ESTATE AND HOUSING FINANCE IN INDIA
- SECURITIZATION, MORTGAGE AND INSOLVENCY CODE-

27 November, 2019 , Hotel Le-Meridien, New Delhi

 

 

About Event  | Brochure | Registration Form

 
Invited Chief Guest
Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Hon’ble Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Government of India

Indian Real Estate and Housing Sector plays a vital role in the economic development of the country. However, the housing finance market continues to face considerable supply constraints, particularly in the lower income segment due to the perceived high risk of lending to the informal sector. Traditionally, Banks have been the largest player in the housing finance market, and they continue to hold close to 70% of the total home loan portfolio in India. The other players in the market include: HFCs, land development banks and housing societies.  

The securitization of affordable housing loan pools and mortgaged loans has been critical in providing co-terminus funding. This has enabled Mutual Funds to invest in NCD and CP issuances by HFCs, diversifying the lender and debt product profile, a key achievement, in addition to making public sector banks accessible to these HFCs. Further, the mortgage penetration in India from formal lending sources is only 9%, while the remaining 91% of the houses are built using own funds and from informal sources of borrowing. While there are challenges for the Government, there are also opportunities for developers and housing finance institutions. The Government can address challenges through policy implementation and further reforms whereas developers and housing finance institutions has opportunities to innovate and come up with new products as also technology to supplement housing units and housing finance companies respectively.

The Government of India has been supportive to the growth and development of real estate sector. However, more initiatives for Housing Finance Sector are further required to provide housing for all. With a view to discussing various key aspects in Housing finance for brining growth with stability in Real State and Housing market, ASSOCHAM is organizing a National Conference “REAL ESTATE AND HOUSING FINANCE IN INDIA -SECURITIZATION, MORTGAGE AND INSOLVENCY CODE- ” at 9.30 a.m. on November 27, 2019, Hotel Le-Meridien, New Delhi. The Conference would bring together all concerned groups in housing finance to a common platform to provide impetus towards providing housing for all.

In view of the importance of the subject, we would request you to kindly participate in this important Conference and also nominate your colleagues to attend the same. We would also request your organization to be the PARTNER / SPONSOR for the Conference.