Our demographic dividend needs strategic exploitation to meet expanding requirement of “Make in India” through “Skilling India” besides catering global requirement due to their shrinking workforce. Skilling India aims capability building of 500 million youth by 2022.
As per the latest census of India, by the year 2022, an estimate over 10 crore fresh workers would enter the labour market and will require skill training while nearly 30 crore of the existing workforce will require additional skill training over the same time period. This is a critical requirement for the industrial and economic growth of the country.
Government has taken various initiatives. Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has come up with new National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship – 2015. During previous years also ASSOCHAM has been deeply involved in skilling initiatives covering Trainings, Assessments and Certifications etc. and also recognized many organizations that have done outstanding work in Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
To discuss on current scenario on Skill Development and catalyze the initiative by recognizing the outstanding work of private sector and industry participation in skill development, ASSOCHAM is planning to organize a Summit-cum-Awards on Skilling India - The Way Forward on 15th March, 2016 at Shangri-La Hotel, New Delhi. The Summit will mark the presence of National and International stakeholders, Policymakers & Regulators from Central and State Governments, Investors, Industry leaders, Vocational Training Providers, Academic Institutes etc. to share their knowledge in skill development sector. We have approached several Ministers and Secretaries from various Ministries to address this summit.
Highlight of Summit
- Skill Development: Challenges and Issues in Industry
- Policy Imperative – Advocacy to Implementation
- Financing models of Skill Development Activities
- Retention of Skill Workforce – The Real Challenges
- Global Skill Development Scenario
- International System of Vocational education in Schools and Higher Education.
- The new National Policy for Skill Development for smooth implementation & effective monitoring.
- Skill India : Entrepreneurship for Job Creation